Friday, November 4, 2011

Make Money on eBay - Can the Little Guy Still Make Money on eBay?



I have this issue a lot and has three replies. "Yes," "no" and "might" look at what some refer to you.

There is no doubt that much harder for an individual operating from their home to make money on eBay today than it was several years ago. When I started at eBay in 1999, eBay was a license to print novac.Mali man (or gal) like you or me could sell almost anything and make money. As for finding goods to sell to the source of a garage sale or buy the surplus and overstocked products from hundreds of merchants. Today, however, many of these same traders who used to sell for me, is now selling the same items on eBay at the same price for the sale to me.

There is no doubt that much harder for an individual operating from their home to make money on eBay today than it was several years ago. When I started at eBay in 1999, eBay was a license to print novac.Mali man (or gal) like you or me could sell almost anything and make money. As for finding goods to sell to the source of a garage sale or buy the surplus and overstocked products from hundreds of merchants. Today, however, many of these same traders who used to sell for me, is now selling the same items on eBay at the same price for the sale to me.

...

Three strategies to make money on eBay

So, what is the little man to do? There are three basic strategies for success on eBay today. May there be more - but I know that three jobs because I made ​​them, in fact, still be

.

make money on eBay selling used items

The first strategy is to sell used goods, including antiques and kolekcionarstvo.Tržište used for all kinds of items on eBay will always be smaller scope prodavača.Poteškoća source of the goods makes it difficult area for large companies. At the higher end of the market as art, antiques, collectibles and rare books. If you have some knowledge and experience in this area, it is very easy to enter. My wife and I had a small antiques shop before we started selling on eBay, so we know what it's worth, what is the value of items and where to find them. I can walk into any town now in America on any weekend and buy a few things that can turn around and sell it on eBay next week and double my money or more. In fact we still do it occasionally. About a month ago I wrote this article, we participated in a town now in Mt. Vernon, Washington. I bought the box for the 1950 vintage advertising tins as much for $ 175.

I broke a lot and sell pieces individually on eBay during the 14-day period for more than a total of $ 400 before eBay and PayPal fees. There are some other areas of advertising sales at the same auction, they did not offer. They are very clever fake - repros as they are known in trgovini.Točka tell you is that I could spot them, but you may not be able to if you have the knowledge and iskustvo.Lekcija here is that you do not want to go to the area who do not know anything about it. But if you have experience in any specific field of art, antiques, collectibles, stamps, coins, or rare books, then this is the perfect -. I pretty easy way to build a profitable eBay business

You do not have to work in the antiques and collectibles. There are many other uses of the goods they sell on eBay. In my book, Complete eBay Marketing System, I have a list of all surfaces of used goods to sell on eBay. These range from clothes to books, small appliances, sporting goods and the list goes on. I will take the time to go into it here - it would in this article too long, but the Complete eBay Marketing System goes into great detail about how to choose used items for sale, how and where to source and sell to them.

make money on eBay with a niche market

the following strategies for making money on eBay is to develop a small specialized niche market. This is actually what most successful eBay sellers do. I often e-mail from eBay newbies ask me where I can buy DVDs, plasma TVs, digital cameras, iPods and other popular consumer electronic products. I suggest you forget trying to sell any popular product of mass consumption. These fields are very crowded, highly competitive and dominated by many large vendors with resources and access to resources that the average person can not be duplicated if you have thousands or even hundreds of thousands of dollars to invest. Do you really think you can compete on Ebay with a Best Buy or Circuit City?

is a small specialized niche category of products which mali seller can play in. I currently sell several niches on eBay. One product we sell a line of high prices of wood firepits. I've got some competitors, but not that many and I think do a better job than them prodaje.Cijeni of $ 227 is high average selling price, so you do not have to sell hundreds of items to make money. They are drop shipped directly from the manufacturer so I'm not paying intermediaries and markets for these products has been stable now for more than two years. You can see my firepit auctions by clicking here. After looking at these you can link to my other auctions and see other categories of niche product we sell.

If you go to Free Articles page on the web page Skip McGrath I have several articles on niche marketing that are worth reading if you are interested in this strategy. Both Complete eBay Marketing System and Wholesale Buying System, I cover how and where to find wholesale sources for your niche products.

make money with eBay Consignment Sales

I want to emphasize the last strategy for making money with eBay consignment sales. I like to call this the perfect eBay business: No upfront investment in products, no inventory, high profits and minimum cost. Once you qualify, you can register as an eBay Trading Assistant and eBay will help you promote your business for free.

Once you know how to sell on eBay, it's pretty easy to find people who have goods to sell. My strategy uses low-cost targeted advertising. I spend less than $ 40 a month and can end a few months with more than $ 10,000 or more the value of goods for sale.

trick to be successful eBay consignment business in learning how to market your services, learning what type of goods for sale - and that is deducted and how to manage your taxes. All this is laid out in my best selling book, How to Start & Run an eBay Consignment Business, published in early 2006, McGraw Hill Publishing Co. The book covers all advertising, forms, contracts and resources you need to start and run a profitable eBay consignment business.

So, back to the original question: Can the little guy still make money on eBay? Answer is "yes" if you apply some of the strategies and techniques I have listed here, and if you take the time to learn the skills you will vam.Odgovor is "maybe", if you try some other techniques or just stumble around trying to learn as you go. And the answer is probably "no" if you try and compete with the big guys if you have the financial resources and business experience to actually build a consumer business.

0 comments:

Post a Comment